Welcome to First Baptist Church of Winthrop Harbor. Our doors and arms are opened wide to those who want to discover the joy of loving and being loved by God. Here you will find a group of Christ followers diverse, yet united in our desire to believe, live, and share the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
The First Baptist family gathers regularly through the week to serve, connect, and worship. Here is what you can expect when you visit:
- Real people: We do life together and always enjoy meeting new people from our community. This is a group of people full of real hurts, hang-ups, and big questions who come before God just as we are..
- Engaging Atmosphere: We take our God and our mission seriously, but we don’t take ourselves seriously. We have fun, laugh, and enjoy being in the presence of God and his people.
- Practical Teachings: Biblical truth is not treated as cold theory or truthless myth at First Baptist. We connect God’s Word to everyday life struggles and questions.
Our regular weekly activities include:
- Early AM Worship – Sunday’s @ 8:30
- Community Groups (Sunday School) – Sunday’s @ 9:45
- Morning Worship – Sunday’s @ 11:00
- Bible Study/Youth Gathering – Wednesday’s @ 6:30
You can learn more about our community groups and midweek gatherings by visiting our “Get Involved” portal or by clicking here.